Recipe by: Tania Nicaise
Source: La Cucina magazine, October 2009
Ingredients (Polenta Crostinis)
- 100 g pre cooked polenta flour
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- Olive oil
- Red onion jam
- 100 ml sour cream
- French chives, to garnish
Ingredients ( Red onion jam)
- ~ 200 g red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 Tbsp water
- Salt, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
- A handful raisins
- Bring to boil 300 ml water. Once boiling, add the salt and slowly pour the polenta mixing very well. Don’t stop mixing till cooked. (around 5 minutes if pre cooked polenta. Normal polenta cooks in 1h15 min around.)
- Flatten the polenta on a removable tart tin, cover with cling film and let it cool.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onions. Cook slowly for 7-8 minutes. Add the vinegar, water, raisins and salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, cut the cold polenta in small rounded shape.
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil and panfry the polenta.
- Garnish with the onion jam, a dollop of sour cream and chives.
Download PDF version here: italian-crostini-di-polenta-tania-nicaise