Recipe by: Magdalena Sanguinetti
Source: Family Recipe
- 300 g chickpea flour
- 600 ml water
- 40 ml olive oil
- Vegetable oil to line a baking pan
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- In a bowl and using a whisker, mix the chickpea flour and the water slowly to avoid lumps.
- Let it rest covered for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 250 C/480 F.
- Oil a 30 cm x 40 cm baking pan.
- Add 40 ml olive oil to the chickpea flour mix. Add salt. Mix well with a whisker. Pass the liquid through a strainer to remove any lumps or foam.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut and serve when warm, with white pepper (to taste).
Download PDF version here: italian-farinata-magdalena-sanguinetti