Recipe by: Vanita Askesaar
Source: Family Recipe
- 2 cups of broken vermicelli
- 800/900 ml milk
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp clarified butter / ghee
- 6 – 7 green cardamom pods
- 3 – 4 cloves / lavang
- 10 roasted almonds (chopped)
- 10 roasted cashew nuts (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Any dry fruit of your choice
- Few strands of saffron soaked in ¼ cup of warm milk
- Heat ghee in a pan
- Fry the cloves and cardamom till they release their aroma in the ghee.
- Now add the vermicelli and fry till they become golden brown.
- Pour the milk and let it come to a boil.
- Add sugar and mil well.
- Reduce the flame and let the milk simmer for 5 – 7 mins till the vermicelli gets cooked.
- Add the soaked saffron strands.
- Chop the almonds and other dry fruits.
- Serve the vermicelli kheer hot, warm or cold.
- If serving cold, then refrigerate the vermicelli kheer and then server later.
Download PDF version here: indian-vermicelle-kheer-pudding-vanita-askesaar