Recipe by: Vanita Aksekar
Source: Family recipe
- Cottage Cheese
- Spinach (2 packets)
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 – 6 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ inch ginger chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 1 Tbsp spoon turmeric powder
- 1 can tomato puree
- ½ Tbsp garam masala
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp whole cumin
- ½ Tbsp chilli powder
- Wash the spinach
- Blanch the spinach in a vessel of boiling water.
- Blend the spinach with a liquidizer to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in the pan and fry the onion till they turn translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chilli and turmeric powder and fry again for a little time.
- Add tomato puree and fry stirring continuously till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add spinach puree, paneer garam masala and salt. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- In a separate vessel take little oil and heat it. Add cumin seeds, let it crackle. Add garlic and red chilli powder. After half a minute switch off. Pour this over the spinach mixture.
Download PDF version here: indian-palak-paneer-vanita-aksekar