Recipe by: Sukanya Banerjee
Source: Family Recipe
For Dough :
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ghee (melted)
- 1 cup Indian white flour ( Maida flour)
- ~50 ml water
For Filling :
- 250 g green peas (shelled- fresh or frozen)
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 small green ghillies (deseeded if you don’t want too spicy)
- 2 heaped teaspoons fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Sift the flour with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Mix in the ghee and add the water little by little. Knead to a soft dough. Set aside for at least 30 min.
- Grind the peas, ginger, green chillies and fennel to a fine paste.
- Fry the asafoetida till light brown.
- Mix in the peas paste and salt.
- Fry well till the paste is cooked dry. Take off from heat and let it cool.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Press each ball in the centre and fill it with the pea mixture.
- Close the opening well and flatten.
- Roll out as for puris.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai.
- Deep fry the puris on low heat up till golden brown.
- Remove and serve hot.
Download PDF version here: indian-koraishutir-kochuri-sukanya-banerjee