Recipe by: Simone Lee
Source: Adapted from http://www.frombraziltoyou.org/brazilian-chicken-salad-sandwich-salpicao-de-frango/
Serves: 6 – 8
- ½ kg skinless boneless chicken breast, fully cooked and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup black or green olives, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup corn, cooked
- ½ cup peas, cooked
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and small diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt (for a dairy-free version, use mayonnaise)
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh green onion
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and grated (optional)
- 2 – 3 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- A dash of ground black pepper
- 150g shoestring potatoes (or more)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, and season with salt, pepper, and lime or lemon juice.
- Add the mayonnaise or plain yogurt gently. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Right before serving, mix the shoestring potatoes into the chicken salad. Place the salad into a serving bowl and decorate with more shoestring potatoes.
Download PDF version here: brazilian-salpicao-de-frango-simone-lee