Recipe by: Simone Lee
Source: Adapted from http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/brigadeiro-brazilian-chocolate-truffles/a8e58baf-35d3-4500-ae1d-828fcfe92aa0
Serves: 6 – 8
- 1 can (14 oz. each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup chocolate candy sprinkles
- 1/3 cup colored candy sprinkles
- ½ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Grease large shallow pan or platter with butter.
- In 4-quart nonstick heavy saucepan, heat condensed milk, cocoa and 1 Tbsp butter to boiling, stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and shiny and starts to pull away from bottom and side of saucepan when pan is tilted.
- Pour mixture into the platter; cool completely (refrigerate to firm up faster).
- Place remaining ingredients in separate small bowls.
- Use teaspoon or melon baller to scoop truffle mixture, then use greased hands to shape into 1- to 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in pistachios, almonds, coconut or sprinkles. Place in mini paper baking cups.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 2 days or in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Download PDF version here: brazilian-brigadeiro-simone-lee