Recipe by: Simone Lee
Source: Adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/cassava-fritters-300260
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 kg peeled tapioca
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ½ kg shrimp
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- A bunch of parsley
- ½ onion
- 1 tomato, cut in cubes
- Boil cassava in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain cassava and put into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mash well. Do not use a food processor as this turns it too gooey!
- Add the egg, butter, parsley, salt. Stir well.
- Clean the shrimps and cut thinly garlic, parsley, onion and tomato.
- Heat the oil and add garlic, onion and tomato. Panfry for a minute.
- Add salt, shrimp and parsley. Mix well and turn the heat off. Wait for it to cool for a while.
- Make little croquettes with the dough and fill in with some of the shrimp.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat with vegetable oil.
- Fry on one side, checking to make sure you don’t burn the bottom. Once nicely browned and holding together, flip over and cook another 3 minutes on the other side.
Note: The same croquettes may be filled with cheese, ground beef, ground chicken, etc.
Download PDF version here: brazilian-bolinho-de-mandioca-recheado-simone-lee