Recipe by: Chan Kar Mun
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 6 – 8
- 750 g pork belly
- Japanese mayonnaise (optional)
- 5 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- Slice pork belly into 6-7mm thickness, width about 3cm-4cm
- Grate garlic cloves (or you can use a garlic press).
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and start cooking pork belly on high heat when the frying pan is hot.
- When both side of pork belly is nicely browned, turn off the heat.
- Wipe off the excess oil completely.
- Turn the heat back on to medium heat and add Seasonings.
- Cook over medium heat until the meat start to have nice glaze. Try not to burn the sauce.
- Enjoy the juicy flavorful meat with Japanese mayonnaise on top of hot piping rice.
Download PDF version here: honey-pork-belly-kar-mun-chan