Recipe by: Izabela Levia
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 15 – 20
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. plain flour
- 5 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200 ° Celsius / 400 ° Fahrenheit
- Melt butter in a pan. Add water and bring it to boil.
- Turn the fire to low and add flour to the mixture. Mix using a wooden spoon and fold the mixture until it starts coming off the sides of the pan.
- Place dough in the bowl and leave to cool.
- When cooled, add one egg at a time and mix together to create a smooth dough. Add baking powder, stir.
- Divide dough into two parts and spread each part on two normal baking trays trying to get it as thin as you can(be patients, it make take you a while).
- Bake cake for 20/25 minutes. The cake will bake creating a “mountain” like shape.
Download PDF version here: polish-carpathian-mountain-cream-cake-izabela-levia