Recipe by: Izabela Levia
Source: Family Recipe
- 6 medium sized beetroots
- 1 large Apple (optional)
- 1 litre water or vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 or 3 cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Clean beetroot, peel and cut into cubes.
- Add spices into pot of water / stock and cook for 5 – 7 minutes until fragrant
- Add beetroot into water, turn heat down and simmer (do NOT bring to boil) until beetroot is soft. This should take about 30 minutes and the soup should be bright red.
- Add lemon juice, stir
- Serve with fresh dill and spoon of cream ( optional).
Download PDF version here: polish-beetroot-soup-izabela-levia