Recipe by: Daphne Schieveen
- 1 eggplant
- 7 table spoons of olive oil
- 2 stems of celery (in pieces)
- 1 onion (cut into small pieces)
- 1 can of sliced tomatoes
- 3 table spoons of raisins
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- 50 ml of red wine vinegar
- 250 grams of flour
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- Cut the eggplant into squares of 1 cm. Put in a sieve and add salt to taste. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Wash under cold water and drain by squeezing using your hands.
- Preheat 3 table spoons of oil in a pan and bake the eggplant for 4 minutes. Add the celery and onion and bake for another 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, raisins, sugar and vinegar. Cook with the lid on the pan for ten minutes on a low fire. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the herbs into fine pieces. Make the pancake batter from the milk, flour and eggs. Add salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oil in a pan and bake the small pancakes in 4 minutes each. Turn half way.
Download PDF version here: dutch-herbs-pancakes-and-vegetable-mixture-daphne-schieveen