Recipe by: Daphne Schieveen
Source: Family recipe
- 800 gram beef (for stew dishes)
- Fresh pepper & salt
- 2 table spoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 5 shallots or 2 onions
- 2 pieces of garlic
- 2 table spoons of honey
- 300 gram dried apricots and prunes
- 8 dl beef stock (80ml)
- Cut the meat in cubes of 2 cm. Sprinkle this with pepper, salt and flour.
- Preheat the oil or butter and fry the cubes shortly.
- Peel the shallots and garlic and cut into big pieces. Bake 2 minutes together with the meat.
- Add the honey and stock and let it boil. Make sure the meat is covered with liquid.
- Put the lid on the pan and leave it on a low heat for 1 hour.
- Add prunes and apricots after one hour.
- Leave it for another hour on low heat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice
Download PDF version here: dutch-hachee-daphne-schieveen