Recipe by: Sylvia van de Snepscheut
Source: Family recipe
- 1 (big) cauliflower
- 1 (big) potato – otherwise use 2 small ones
- 150 g of mushrooms
- 750 ml water
- 2 blocks chicken broth
- 125 ml creme fraiche or cream cheese
- 25 g of fresh chives
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Put 750 ml water in a pan to put the cubes of potatoes and the cauliflower florets in.
- Crumble the bouillon tablets above and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat the butter and toast the mushrooms about 5 minutes and let the moisture evaporate.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Mash the cauliflower in the pan. Do not drain the 750 ml of cooking water from the pan first, leave it in the pan and use it to mash.
- Melt the crème fraiche (or cream cheese) in to the soup by while stirring.
- Cut the chives.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Share the soup over the plates / bowls.
- Mix the chives with the mushrooms.
- Divide the mushroom over the soup.
Download PDF version here: dutch-cauliflower-soup-with-mushrooms-sylvia-van-de-snepscheut