Recipe by: Daphne Schieveen
- 1 ½ kg potatoes
- 50 gram butter
- 300 gram bacon
- 1 onion
- 500 gram pre-cooked beetroot
- 1 apple
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in equal pieces. Boil them in water with salt for 20 minutes
- Heat 25 gram of the butter in a pan and fry the bacon crispy in 6 minutes.
- Slice the onion in half rings and bake with the bacon for 1 minute.
- Slice the beetroot in squares. Add to the bacon and bake for 4 minutes.
- Peel the skin of the apple and cut them in small pieces. Add to the beetroot mixture.
- Drain the potatoes. Keep the water.
- Mix the potatoes with the butter and some of the liquid and mash until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Add the beetroot mixture to the potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.
Download PDF version here: dutch-beetroot-daphne-schieveen