Recipe by: Nok Wasabii
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 6 – 8
- 4 tbsp Tamarind sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 5 tbsp Palm sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- Crispy flour (to coat the shrimp)
- Dried chilies to garnish
- Cilantro to garnish
- Deep Fried Sliced shallots to garnish
- Sliced shallots and deep fried in medium heat. Wait until light brown color. Drain with strainer and let it cool down.
- Clean the shrimps and let it dry. Coat the shrimp with the crispy flour and deep fried them for a while and let it cool and drain the oil with wire strainer.
- For the sauce part, put palm sugar in a saucepan with the tamarind and fish sauce in low heat. The sauce will be thick. If it’s too thick, add some water. It’s done. The sauce must be sour, sweet, and a bit salty.
Download PDF version here: thai-deep-fried-shrimp-with-tamarind-sauce-nok-wasabii