Recipe by: Ng Geok Lan
- 600 g Glutinous Rice Floor (1 packet)
- 300 g Steamed Sweet potatoes (white/purple)
- 300 g Pandan Water (7 blades + H2O)
- 500 g Gula Melaka (Shaved)
- 300 g Grated Coconut
- (Add ½ tsp of salt + 1 blade pandan leaf. Steam for 15 mins)
- Boil the sweet potato in boiled pandan water.
- Mash the sweet potatoes finely.
- Add rice flour and mix it well to form into dough.
- Make small size (50ct) dough .
- Flatten dough and fill with gula melaka.
- Drop rice ball into the boiling water
- When ball starts to float on the surface of the water, remove with a drainer and cool it in cold water.
- When the ball is cool, remove from the water and coat it with grated coconut.
Instruction for grated coconut:
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 blade of pandan leaf.
- Steam grated coconut for 15 min.
Download PDF version here: ondeh-ondeh-ng-geok-lan