Recipe by: Viktoriya Peries
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 cups of Self Raising Flour + 3 cups
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup fine Sugar
- 100 grams Butter
- 1 Liter Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Melt the butter, honey and sugar on a Bain Marie. Beat it continuously till the sugar melts. Hot Nor boiling.
- Mix the eggs with soda well with a whisk. Do not make it fluffy.
- Add the eggs in a drizzle into the warm mixture while mixing continuously.
- Add in the flour (3 cups) slowly and mix well.
- Put 3 cups on the table and knead the mixture till it is less sticky like a roti dough and the flour is all mixed in.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions and roll out immediately. This dough cannot be stored as it will become rubbery. While you are rolling out the flour, keep the remaining dough in a Glad wrap on the top of the pot with water from the Bain Marie so it stays good.
- Lay a baking paper on the table and roll out the dough till it is very thin.
- Use the lid of a pot to shape it into a circle. Leave the sides on and put it into a flat cookie pan.
- Bake it 200 degrees for 2-4 minutes.
- While it is baking, roll out another layer and do all the steps above.
- Use a knife to cut the circle out. The sides are used for decoration.
- They can be stored one on top of the other once it is cooked.
- Use a fork to mix the sour cream and sugar. Add the sugar a little at a time, and you could also add vanilla to taste.
- Layer the cake with the sour cream and cake.
Download PDF version here: viktoriya-peries-honey-cake