Recipe by: Cristina Rebabo-Aracil
Source: Family recipe
- 1 kilo pork belly
- 5 banana, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- ¼ c vinegar
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp brown sugar or muscovado sugar
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 pieces red onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 can pineapple sliced/cut
- 3 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 cups water
- Marinate the pork in all the ingredients stated above (except the water) for a minimum of 2 hours then fry them. Set aside the liquid where you had marinated everything.
- In a medium sized non-stick wok, heat cooking oil and put muscovado sugar.
- Add in the pork and the liquid where you previously marinated the ingredients.
- Transfer to a deep pot and add water. Bring it to boil then lower down the heat to medium and simmer for 1 hr or until pork is tender.
- Add in the fried sweet potato, potato and the banana. Simmer for another 15 mins or until almost all of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce is thick.
- Serve and enjoy!
Download PDF version here: filipino-pork-estofado-cristina-rebano-aracil