Recipe by: Cristina Rebabo-Aracil
Source: Family recipe
Ingredients (Baked Chicken)
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 kilo chicken liver
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3-5 pcs. green chilli, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil, as needed
- 2 kalamansi
- Marinate the chicken and the liver in salt and pepper for 15-30 mins. Bake them for 45 mins . You can also fry or grill them, depending on your preference.
- Remove the bones from the chicken then dice the meat and the liver into small cubes.
- In a big wok, stir fry the diced chicken and liver for 10-15 mins at high heat. Add in 2 cups of water, soy sauce, bay leaves then stir. Cook for 5-10 mins. Add in the onions and the greenchilli ,stir and cook for another 3-5 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the sisig to a sizzling plate and squeeze in the kalamansi . Crack the egg raw on top of the sisig and mix before eating.
Download PDF version here: filipino-sisig-cristina-rebano-aracil