Recipe by: Sanju Sonsun
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 450g zucchini, grated (approx 2 cups)
- 1 cup (150g) almond meal
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4~5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or organic cheese
- cherry tomatoes to top
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach
Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Line baking dish with parchment paper.
- If you have a food processor you can whip up this recipe super quick by using your grater blade and grate sweet potato, zucchini, onion and garlic.
- Mix zucchini, sweet potato, almond meal, rosemary, nutritional yeast (or organic cheese) and salt and pepper ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the mixture, add eggs and mix well.
- Spread evenly in baking tin (20cm x 30cm), or whatever you have. We used our loaf dish. Top with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake 40-50 mins. This will depend on the dish you used, the bread is cooked once you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Download PDF version here: zucchini-bread-sanju-sonsun