Recipe by: Claire Ohsato
Source: Family recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all the ingredients together. Don’t beat the egg, just mix with a chopstick. The egg mix will still have some white pieces
- Heat a small pan with oil.
- Pour a thin layer of the egg mixture, a little bit at a time, in to the pan.
- Let it cook a little, when still wet, start rolling it from one side to form a tight roll.
- Pour in more egg mixture. Make sure to lift the previously rolled omelet to spread the egg mixture underneath it in the opposite direction
- Repeat this again and again.
- Take it off the fire when cooked and cut into thin slices
- Serve as a snack or add to Sushi
Download PDF version here: japanese-rolled-omelet-claire-ohsato