Recipe by: Claire Ohsato
Source: Family recipe
Makes: 18 pieces
- 400 gms / 4 Potatoes
- 100 gms / ½ white onion
- 50 gms / ½ Japanese cucumber
- 312 gm / 1 can of oranges
- 200 gms ham / turkey slices
- 8 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with some water. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Drain, place potatoes in a large bowl and mash them.
- Slice onion with the thinnest blade in your mandolin / slicer, and cut each slice into half or 1/3 size, soak them in water for 10min, and wring well.
- Peel the cucumber skin, leaving 3 stripes. Slice cucumber with thinnest blade in your mandolin / slicer, mix with salt for 10min, and wring them well.
- Remove the syrup from the can of orange, put oranges into a colander, and dry them with paper towels.
- Add onion, cucumber, orange, mayonnaise and vinegar to the mashed potatoes. Mix them well.
- Wrap the salad with ham.
Download PDF version here: japanese-potato-salad-with-orange-claire-ohsato