Recipe by: Claire Ohsato
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 pack tofu
- 1 pack shimeji mushroom
- 3 dashi packs
- 10 pieces spring onions
- 1 ltr water
- 100g miso paste
- Cut and remove the roots of the shimeji mushrooms. Cut the spring onions into small pieces and dice the tofu into small squares
- In a large sauce pan, bring water to boil with all the dashi packs. After 2-3 minutes of boiling, take out the packs.
- Simmer with shimeji mushrooms for 3 minutes
- Add tofu and wait until the soup boils. This should be around 1 minute
- Take a deep strainer. Add the miso in the strainer and dip it into the soup. Mix the miso paste in the strainer with a spoon till most of it dissolves. Turn off the heat before the soup boils again. If the soup boils after adding the miso, it impacts the taste of the soup
- Serve in small bowls with spring onion.
Download PDF version here: japanese-miso-soup-claire-ohsato