Recipe by: Sherin Ismail
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 15 pcs
- 1 cup raw fava beans (before soaking)
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup coriander
- 2 spring onions (green more than white)
- 1 small onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. water if needed
- For topping:
- 1 tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. coarse coriander seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soak Fava beans in water at least 12 hours, preferably 24 hours (better to change the water 3 times throughout the soaking process).
- Drain the water and rinse the beans.
- Put the fava beans in the blender along with fresh coriander, parsley, spring onions, onions, and garlic. (Do not put salt and spices when blending)
- Blend them up and add little water when necessary. At this stage you can store the mixture in the freezer
- When starting to fry add salt and herbs to the mixture.
- Leave the mixture to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- And put sesame seeds and coriander seeds on top then shape into round disk and fry.
- Note: The frying oil has to be hot
Download PDF version here: egyptian-falafels-sherin-ismail