Recipe by: Sherin Ismail
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 4 – 6 persons
- 2 cans of Fava beans
- 1 big tomato
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Put oil in the pan and pan fry the onion until the onions become soft.
- Put tomatoes in the pan and leave it to cook and then mash tomatoes with a fork.
- Put beans and leave cook for 5 minutes and then mash with a fork.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin and tahini then stir.
- Serve on a plate and drizzle with olive oil and parsley on the top.
Download PDF version here: egyptian-cooked-fava-beans-sherin-ismail