Recipe by: Sherin Ismail
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 15 pcs
- 1 cup raw chickpeas (before soaking)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 1 small onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. water (if needed)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Soak chickpeas in water at least 12 hours, preferably 24 hours (better to change the water 3 times throughout the soaking process).
- Drain the water and rinse the beans.
- Put the beans in the blender along with fresh coriander, onions, and garlic. (Do not put salt and spices when blending)
- Blend them up and add little water when necessary. At this stage you can store the mixture in the freezer
- When starting to fry add salt to the mixture.
- Leave the mixture to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- And put sesame seeds on top then shape into round disk and fry.
- Note: The frying oil has to be hot
Download PDF version here: egyptian-chickpea-falafels-sherin-ismail