Recipe by: Sherin Ismail
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 10 – 12 persons
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 6 cups of milk
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 1 can of cream
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- ¼ cup Hazelnuts
- ¼ cup Almonds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ¼ cup pistachios for topping
- Toast the puff pastry in the oven at 200°C till the top is puffed and brown. This could take 10-15 minutes
- Toast the nuts and roughly grind
- Break the puff pastry into small pieces by hand and put it in a clay pot with the nuts and raisins.
- Heat milk with sugar and canned cream and bring to a boil. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add half of this mixture onto the puff pastry and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the mixture and whipping cream on the top and set aside for 15 minute
- Note: Put more milk if necessary.
- Put in the oven at 220 C for 12-15 minutes and then under the grill until the top turns golden.
- Remove from the oven and add pistachios on the top and serve warm.
Download PDF version here: egyptian-bread-pudding-sherin-ismail