Recipe by: Paula Barbero
Source: Family Recipe
- 4 potatoes, medium size
(aprox. 600 gr)
- 1 onion, medium size
- 5 eggs, medium size
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small slices. Chop the onion finely
- Put oil in frying pan at high heat. Fry potatoes and onion. I like to fry them at medium heat and turn the heat to maximum at the end, to get potatoes little brown.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Add fried onion and potatoes to the eggs and mix well. Try not to put the frying oil into the bowl.
- Add salt, mix and leave for 2-3 minutes. If you taste it now, it should be a bit salty to taste good at the end.
- Heat a frying pan at medium heat. Add 1tsp of frying oil from the potatoes, just to avoid sticking. Be sure the frying pan you use is a non stick one.
Download PDF version here: spanish-tortilla-de-patata_paula-barbero