Recipe by: Paula Barbero
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 1 small green capsicum
- ½ onion
- 1 small cucumber (or ½ big one)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
(the last 6 ingredients can be changed to taste)
- Cut tomatoes and take off the stalk and any white or hard part.
- Put them into a blender. They should fill the jar of the blender until an inch below to the top. Blend them.
- Peel cucumber and add it to the jar. Chop onion and green capsicum and add them as well.
- Take off the centre of the garlic and add it.
- Pour 100 ml of water or so, it depends on how thick you like it. And blend all together.
- Pour oil and vinegar into the jar. Add salt and cumin and blend it all together again.
- Taste it and keep it in the fridge until you serve it (at least 3 hours).
- You can prepare it one or two days before. In case of making it before, please stop before you add the oil, vinegar, salt and cumin. This can be kept in the fridge and seasoned just before eating
Download PDF version here:spanish-gazpacho_paula-barbero