Recipe by: Paula Barbero
Source: adapted from the blog “yomeloguiso”
Serves: 4 – 6
- 450 gr desalted cod
- 3 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 small/medium potatoes
- 3 green capsicums
- 3 roasted red capsicums
- 4 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (pimentón de la Vera)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Chop the onions, garlic and green capsicums.
- Peel and take out the seeds of the roasted red capsicums and chop them.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small thin slices.
- Put olive oil in a casserole pan at medium heat. Add chopped vegetables (capsicums, garlic, onions and potatoes). Add a pinch of salt, but be careful because we still have to add the cod and sometimes it’s not completely desalted. Cook for 15-20 min covered. Stir it from time to time, until they are soft.
- Scrape cod into pieces (using a knife and a fork) and add cod, chili powder and smoked paprika to the pan once the vegetables are soft. Cook them at medium heat for 5 min.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 5 min more.
- Taste for salt and chili. You should wait till the cod is mixed and cooked with the vegetables to adjust the seasoning.
- You can serve it as individual helpings, typically in a clay dish or in a toast, with an egg fried on top. It tastes better the following day.
Download PDF version here: spanish-garlic-cod_paula-barbero