Recipe by: Crystal Vasquez
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- ½ lemon
- 3 bell pepper (different colour each)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Cut onion into slivers & slice peppers.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 tsp of olive oil, juice of ½ lemon, chilli powder, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, cumin, salt. Cut chicken into strips and toss with the spice mixture.
- Preheat 1 tsp olive oil over medium high. Add the chicken and cook until just cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil. Drain onions well and cook 2 minutes. Add in sliced peppers and cook 3 minutes additional.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Squeeze additional lemon overtop.
- Can be served with tortillas with rice
- Refer to Mexican Tacos recipe for instructions on putting then
Download PDF version here: mexican-chicken-fajitas-crystal-vasquez