Recipe by: Crystal Vasquez
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 kg Pork shoulder
- ½ kg pork belly
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped jalapeño (optional)
- Black pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 oranges (juice only)
- 2 bay leaves
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- Rinse and dry the pork shoulder and pork belly, rub in salt and pepper
- Mix the rub ingredients then rub all over the pork
- Arrange the pork in a slow cooker, top with minced garlic, onion, jalapeño, bay leaves and squeeze over the juice of the orange.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8 to 10 hrs.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred the pork.
- Now, you can skim off the fat from the leftover juices, discard the fat and set aside.
- Heat up 1 Tbsp of oil in a large pan. Add the shredded pork, press them down and cook until the bottom side turned golden brown.
- Refer to the Mexican Tacos recipe for putting them together
Download PDF version here: mexican-pulled-pork-crystal-vasquez