Recipe by: Tania Nicaise
Photo by: Claudia Anzur (c) ICCS Ltd
Source: (Singapore) Expat Living August 2015
Makes about 25 truffles
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and rough chopped
- 65 g (½ cup) raw walnuts
- 40 g (¼ cup) raw cashews
- 130 g (¾ cup) dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zested
- Salt, a pinch
- Handful of freshly grated coconut*
- Or a small handful of white sesame seeds
- Grind the chopped carrots in a food processor (using the “S” shaped blade) to a fine consistency.
- Add the remaining the ingredients and continue to grind until a paste forms and the dates and nuts are very finely ground.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and cover in the freshly grated coconut or white sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate the truffles for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: If covered in freshly grated coconut, the truffles will keep in the fridge for 2 days in an airtight container. To keep for longer (up to 5 days) in the fridge, do not cover in coconut until serving as the coconut must be bought fresh.
Download PDF here: european-healhty-truffles-tania-nicaise