Recipe by: Rachna Kulshreshtha
Source: Family Recipe
- 1.5kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 – 4 onions, sliced
- 4 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 7 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ground kashmiri chillies (Kashmiri Mirch *see picture)
- 3-4 whole dried kashmiri chillies
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- Salt, to taste
- 2 – 4 each of cloves, cinnamon sticks, green & black cardamom, bay leaves and black pepper pods
- 6 tsp mustard oil (see picture)
- Wash chicken pieces and drain well. Marinate with salt, turmeric powder, yoghurt, Kashmiri mirch and ginger-garlic paste for 3 hours.
- In a large saucepan, heat mustard oil. Let the oil smoke and drop in the whole spices. Sauté for a few minutes to allow the flavours to infuse into the oil. Now add the garlic cloves and sauté until they start to brown.
- Add the sliced onions and fry until they softened. Add the chicken and mix well. Add more salt, to taste, whole Kashmiri chillies, then bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and add a little water if required, and cook for 20 -30 mins until chicken is cooked through. Serve hot.
Download PDF version here: indian-rajasthani-chicken-red-curry-rachna-k