Recipe by: Rachna Kulshreshtha
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 8 – 10
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Makki ka atta (Maize flour)
- 1 cup besan (chickpea/gram flour)
- ½ cup semolina
- 1 cup ghee, melted
- 1 cup yoghurt
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°C. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and knead well until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll into lemon sized balls and poke your finger in the ball to make an indent.
- Fill a thick bottomed pot or pressure cooker with hot water with a bit of oil/ghee to avoid the dough balls from sticking. Add the dough balls to the pot and cook for about 20 mins.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and add the boiled dough balls. Bake in oven for about 15 – 20 mins until golden brown on the outside and spongy on the inside.
- Heat a pot with ghee and take the freshly baked batti from the oven to soak in the hot ghee for a minute. Scoop them out to serve.
Download PDF version here: indian-rajasthani-batti-rachna-k