Recipe by: Shweta Verma
Source: Family Recipe
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
Ingredients (Wet )
- 3 large eggs
- 250 ml vegetable oil (can also use olive or sunflower oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g sugar
- 1 medium beetroot – grated finely
Preheat oven at 180C (356 F).
- Mix all the wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Add the grated beetroot and use hand blender to blend or whisk some more.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Grease the baking tin (round or square) with oil or cooking spray then put the butter paper. Pour the cake mix and bake for 40 mins.
- Insert toothpick or knife at 35 mins. If it comes out clean, cake is cooked. If it comes out sticky and wet, leave it in the oven for another 5-10 mins (reduce oven heat to 160C/ 320 F).
- Wait for the cake to cool down completely before taking it out of the baking ware.
- Once cool, turn it upside down on a plate or cake stand. Pour chocolate sauce or your preferred icing and then garnish with fruits or rainbow sprinkles of your choice. I used canned peach slices, strawberries and blueberries.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Download PDF here: moist-chocolate-beetroot-cake-with-fruit-toppings-shweta-verma