Recipe by: Rachna Kulshrestha
Source: Family Recipe
Serves 6 – 8
- 3 -4 cups refined flour
- 1 tsp salt or as required
- 1 tbsp oil or ghee or butter
- 1/2 or ⅓ cup warm water
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup plain curd/yoghurt
- 1 tsp baking soda optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and yoghurt. Mix all the ingredients well and set aside for 3 – 4 hours in a warm place, for fermentation. Cover the bowl with a cloth.
- If the yoghurt is thick, add ¼ cup warm water to thin the batter.
- After fermentation, knead the dough for 5 – 10 minutes or until it is silky smooth. Add a little flour if it is too wet. Form into balls and roll them into 5 – 6 inch discs.
- Heat oil/ghee and deep fry the bhaturas in the same way as you would pooris.
Download PDF version here: indian-bhatura-rachna-kulshrestha