Source: Shweta Verma
Source: Family Recipe
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 cup paneer (Indian cottage cheese), grated or crumbled or 1 c firm tofu
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled and coarsely mashed
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 slices of bread (soaked in water, squeezed and then crumbled)
- 1/2 c fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano or garam masala
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp salt
Preheat oven at 180C (356 F).
- Boil the potatoes for 5 mins in a microwave oven or on fire.
- Mash the potatoes. Crumble the paneer / tofu and add it to the mashed potatoes. Add chopped coriander, mashed peas, pepper powder, oregano, lemon juice, corn flour, salt.
- Mix everything very well. There should be no lumps and the mixture should be smooth and pliable. If the mixture is slightly loose, add more corn flour. Corn flour binds the potato mixture. So when you bake or fry the tikkis in oil, they do not crumble.
- Check the taste. Add more seasoning of pepper and salt, if required.
- Scoop out about 2 Tbsp portion of the mixture into your hands. Shape them into balls and then flatten them. Make even-sized round cutlets of the entire mixture like falafel.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Bake the cutlets for 20 mins or till the cutlets turn golden brown.
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): baked-paneer-or-tofu-cutlets-shweta-verma