Recipe by: Shweta Verma
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 cup yellow mung beans (washed and soaked for 5 hrs or slightly cooked)
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced, 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder, 2 tsp salt
- 12 red and yellow jalapeño peppers, halved and seeds/stem removed
- Cheddar Cheese or mozarella and feta cheese, as desired
- Red pepper flakes
- Sour Cream
Preheat oven at 180C (356 F).
- Prepare the jalapenos by splitting in half and removing the tops and seeds then spritzing or brushing them with a bit of olive oil. Place in rows facing up (see photo).
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic with a bit of olive oil and cook until just softened and fragrant – about 5 mins. Set aside.
- Add soaked mung beans, salt, cumin, and chopped coriander to the garlic and onion.
- Spoon or pipe the mung bean mixture into the jalapenos, generously filling it then top up with your favorite cheeses (I used cheddar and feta).
- Bake for 15 mins or until the jalapenos are soft and the cheese has deepened in color.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling with a bit of red pepper flake or sour cream for garnish.
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): baked-stuffed-jalapeno-poppers-shweta-verma