Recipe by: Elena Podrezo
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 6 – 8
- Meat or vegetable stock ( bouillon)
- 1 big or 2 small beetroot
- 1-2 cups cabbage sliced thin
- 1 carrot shredded or chopped or cut in matchsticks
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1- 2 big tomatoes
- salt, sugar, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sour cream, dill, fresh garlic cloves mashed fine with a pinch of salt
- Peel and cut beetroot into quarters, drop into boiling bouillon, add all the ingredients, cook to readiness for about 15 min. Turn off the fire.
- Take out beetroot pieces, cool, grind on largest grind opening, put back into borsch. Add salt, sugar, pepper to taste. let it stay for about 15 min.
- Serve the borsch with a dollop of sour cream, fresh garlic to taste and dill springs.
Download PDF version here: Ukrainian Borsch Elena Podrezp