Recipe by: Vidya Khader
Source: Family Recipe
- 4 pototoes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 green chillies, slit
- 1 inch piece ginger, julienned
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp Asofoetida (Hing)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Wash and boil potatoes till they are cooked. Peel and cube it into medium pieces.
- Add oil in a wide mouthed pan.
- Once it is hot, add mustard seeds. After it splutters, add onions.
- Once the onions change colour, add green chillies, one sprig of curry leaves and ginger and stir for a minute
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder and asofoetida and stir for a minute
- Add cubed potatoes before masala turns brown. Smear the potatoes with it and stir for a minute or two.
- Add water and let it boil and then lower the flame and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
Download PDF version here: south-indian-potato-curry-vidya-khader