Recipe by: Vidya Khader
Source: Family Recipe
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ tbsp semolina
- 1 ½ tsp melted ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Take the flour in a wide bowl. Add salt, semolina, ghee and mix well to make a crumbly mixture. Add lukewarm water, little by little and make the dough. Dough should not be too soft like chapatti dough. It should be smooth and stiff but not hard either.
- Make small lemon sized balls.
- Dust the balls in flour or rub little oil on rolling board.
- Roll out small sized poori of around 4” diameter.
- Thickness should be medium, not too thin like chapatti or too thick.
- Heat the oil to a medium to high temperature
- Fry the poori in the oil while making sure the temp is always medium.
Download PDF version here: south-indian-poori-vidya-khader