Recipe by: Vidya Khader
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup idli rice
- 1 tbsp cooked rice
- 2 tbsp Idli batter
- ½ coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Rince and soak both rice in water for 5-6 hrs.
- In a grinder, grind it along with coconut and cooked rice.
- Let it ferment for 8-10 hrs or overnight.
- Add baking soda , sugar and coconut milk about 30 min before making Appams.
- Take a large spoon full of batter and pour it into a round, shallow pan.
- Give it a swirl and cover it with a lid for 1-2 min
- Cook till the base is light golden brown.
Download PDF version here: south-indian-appam-vidya-khader