Recipe by: Vidya Khader
Source: Family Recipe
- 8 tender juicy carrots
- 2 cups boiled milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Khoya*
- 2 – 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 – 3 tbsp nuts & raisins
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Heat a heavy bottom wide non-stick pan and add 1-2 Tbsp ghee to it.
- Add the nuts and raisins. Fry them until golden brown.
- Keep them aside and add grated carrots to the pan.
- Smear the carrot with ghee and add the milk to it.
- Bring it to a boil and then cook the carrot on slow fire. Stir occasionally and let it cook till the milk dries up.
- Now add the condensed milk, cardamom and sugar and let it cook on slow fire for another 10 min.
- Add ghee on it and shredded khoya and give it a good mix and switch off the fire.
- Garnish with nuts and raisins and khoya
Download PDF version here: indian-carrot-halwa-vidya-khader