Recipe by: Dasha Gracheva
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: Makes 9 – 10 peppers
- 9-10 small capsicum peppers
- (measure accordingly to the pot)
- 500 g beef mince
- 1/2 or 1 carrot, to taste
- 1 cup rice
- Salt, to taste
- Sour cream (or creme fraiche),
- 1 Tbsp, sour cream (or creme fraiche), to serve
- Bring salty water to a boil, cook the rice.
- Fry 500g of the beef mince until brown, some water should be in the pan so meat is slightly undercook. Break the mince in small pieces.
- Grate the carrot
- In the bowl (or in the pan), mix everything. Taste – should be well salty.
- In the meanwhile – wash peppers, place in the pot, pour hot (boiling) water on them and let rest 5 minutes. Discard the water, cut the top of the peppers (don’t discard) and deseed.
- Place the prepared peppers back to the pot «standing» position. Put the rice-meat-carrot mixture inside. Close peppers with the top.
- Pour water in the pot so it covers 3 cm of the peppers (or more up to half of the peppers), add salt and tablespoon of sour cream.
- Cook over medium fire around 1 hour. Check that there’s enough water.
- Serve with sour cream
Download PDF version here: russian-stuffed-peppers-dasha-gracheva