Cook: Dasha Gracheva
Serves: 15 – 20 dumplings
- 350 g of the dough
- 350 g frozen cherries
- Sugar, to taste
- Salt, 1 tsp
- 125 g flour
- 107 g potato starch
- 1 egg
- Cold water
- Prepare the dough: mix flour, potato starch and egg in a bowl. Knead it. Start gradually adding the cold water – from 1 Tbsp, mixing well and adding accordingly. Dough should become smooth/homogenous.
- Put the dough ball onto the floured surface, knead. Should become «silky» and not stick to hands.
- Cover with plastic, let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out to thin (max 3 mm) sheet, cut out 8 cm circles (with a glass or cookie cutter etc)
- Place couple cherries in the middle, cover with a good pinch of sugar, (optionally – add some vanilla beans). Close the dumpling – it should form like half moon – by pressing well the borders together
- Bring a pot of salty water to a boil, place the dumplings inside. When they float to the surface, cook 5-7 minutes.
- Optionally, you can fry them after and serve with sugar powder.
Download PDF version here: russian-cherry-dumplings-dasha-gracheva