Recipe by: Veena Poojari
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 cup fresh chickpeas
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh roasted ground cumin (optional)
- Red chilli powder, to taste
- Pickles – lemon/green chilli pickle (optional)
- Soak the chickpeas for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Boil chickpeas with salt under tender
- While the chickpeas are still warm, mix with the other ingredients. Toss and serve warm.
- Any optional salad vegetables like cucumber, radish or pickles can be added as per choice.
Download PDF version here: moroccan-chickpea-salad-veena-poojari