Recipe by: Lusine Khachatryan
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 2 – 3
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) – half the liquid reserved
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Place lemon juice, tahini, cumin, chopped garlic and salt in a blender.
- Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Pour garbanzo beans (soaked overnight and cooked) into a blender, reserving about a tbsp for garnish.
- Add a tbsp of water along the way until you get a creamy texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized serving bowl
- Sprinkle with cumin and paprika and pour olive oil over the top.
- Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.
Download PDF version here: lebanese-hummus-lusine-khachatryan