Recipe by: Sanha Bose
Serves: Family recipe
- 1 ripe sweet pineapple
- 250 gms shelled prawns
- 4 scallions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice or jasmine rice
- 1 cup diced carrots, peas and corn (lightly boiled in salted water)
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cut the pineapple in half. Carve out the flesh while leaving the skin intact. Chop half of the flesh into small cubes and set aside.
- Cover the pineapple leaves with aluminium foil to keep from burning in the oven and bake the pineapple boats for about 5 minutes to seal the flavour.
- Marinate prawns with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1tablespoon oil.
- Add the prawns and fry till they turn pink, remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and stir-fry for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the beaten egg to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds without stirring. Then stir in cooked rice, carrots, peas and corn.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, curry powder and chilli flakes.
- Stir-fry on high for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in prawns, pineapple cubes, cashews, coconut milk, soy sauce and stir.
- Fill into pineapple shells and bake for about 10 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and green onion.
Download PDF version here: thai-baked-pineapple-fried-rice-sanha-bose